Swinithwaite is a small village in the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire, England. It lies on the A684 road, it is about 4 miles east of Aysgarth
Swinithwaite Hall in Wensleydale may be of 17th century origin, but was altered in 1767 for its owner T J Anderson, and then again in 1795 when it was rebuilt to the design of Richmond architect John Foss. Foss may also have been responsible for designing some of the farm buildings on the Swinithwaite estate. The main house is H-plan and two storeys high.